Frequency Asked Questions
The Victoria International Wine Festival — FACT SHEET
We’re excited to showcase over 300 wines from 11 different countries at the 2018 Victoria International Wine Festival. Walk leisurely around the Festival enjoying sample sizes of wine. Please make sure you eat prior to arriving at the Festival.
WHERE IS THE EVENT TAKING PLACE?
The Parkside Hotel and Spa – 810 Humboldt Street, Victoria BC
WHAT ARE THE DATES OF THE EVENT?
September 20th – 22nd, 2018
Tasting Sessions (by date):
Thursday, September 20th
- VIP BUBBLES BASH – 7:00pm – 9:30pm
Friday, September 21st
- Trade Tasting 12:00pm – 4:00pm
- Evening Tasting 7:00pm – 9:30pm
Saturday, September 22nd
- Afternoon Tasting 3:00pm – 5:30pm
- Grand Evening Tasting 7:00pm -9:30pm
Friday, September 22nd
- Regional Sponsor Germany – Master Class – 11:30am Start
- Discover the world of Rosé. Refresh. Friday, September 21st at 5:30pm
Saturday, September 22nd
- The regional focus of Argentina – 1:30pm start
- The Story of Wine – Let a panel of sommeliers walk you through the history of their favourite wines. Saturday, September 22nd at 5:30 pm
WHAT TIME SHOULD I ARRIVE?
Two hours is more than enough time to leisurely walk through the Festival and visit our vendors. We will start pre-processing attendees 15 minutes prior to doors opening. This does not mean the doors will open 15 minutes early, it just means we will make sure you are ready to walk right in! The tasting room will open as per its designated time. Don’t worry if you get there after the tasting session starts, you’ll still have plenty of time to sample all of the Festival offerings.
WHAT DOES MY TICKET INCLUDE?
Your ticket includes access to vendor samples of wines.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- This is a 19+ event so we require you to bring two pieces of government issued I.D.
- Please bring your printed ticket (we will scan it upon arrival). We can scan your tickets from your phone but ask you to please have your screen at maximum brightness and your phone ready to be scanned.
- Please prepare yourself to have free hands. You will have a brochure and a wine glass to keep your hands busy. There will be a coat check near the entrance.
IS THERE A DRESS CODE FOR THE EVENT?
Please dress business casual and do not wear any perfumes or colognes. We define it as dressed to impress but comfortable (i.e. slacks, dresses, casual suits, pants, blouses, etc.)
DO I NEED TO BRING CASH?
We recommend that you do. We will be able to accept credit cards on site but it takes a bit more time. Cash = fast transaction!
IS THERE A COAT CHECK?
Yes, we will have a coat check on site. Please bring cash for the coat check for fast transactions. Coat check will cost $4.00.
DO NOT LINE UP – We understand the urge – it is human nature to line up. Festival etiquette dictates that you do not. You will have access and PLENTY of time to visit all the vendors – come back to the table later if more than eight people are waiting. If a vendor has a line-up, it is likely because their product needs time to serve. Mingle! Wander! Explore! This is a sample Festival. Vendors are exhibiting their product in sample sizes, not full glasses. Make sure you come ready take your time to taste everything.
WILL THERE BE FOOD AT THE EVENT?
Yes, we will have small bites of food but they are not a meal. We are NOT a food and wine festival. Our focus is wine. Please make sure to eat before you arrive. The food showcased at the Festival is meant to be paired with your wine samples, not used as a meal replacement. Let’s focus on the wine!
WILL IT BE BUSY?
Yes! Many of the tastings are sold out or close to. Please take your time between vendors. Two and half hours is plenty of time to taste all the wines you desire.
WHAT WILL THE PORTIONS BE LIKE?
Keep in mind all vendors are providing a sample of their product. Wine samples range between 1-2 ounces.
WHAT IF I HAVE A TICKET TO THE SEMINAR AND FOLLOWING TASTING SESSION? DO I NEED TO GO BACK AND RE-ENTER THE VENUE?
Any attendees of the seminars prior to any of the tastings will not need to leave the venue. We will have a staging area that you will be able to stay in. Please note you may need to wait 15-20 minutes in this area but you will not need to line again up to re-enter the building.
SHOP AT THE EVENT
Festival ticket holders will also have access to an exclusive on-site store. You will be able to purchase wines from the Vessel Liquor Store Pop Up Shop! Taste something you love at the Festival and bring it home with you that evening.